Find Hosting For Your Website In 2023:
Hosting a website is very important as it makes the website accessible to everyone. Web Hosting is basically the space that you buy on the server to store your website files and those files are accessible to people. When someone looks for your website by entering your domain he will get redirected to your website and thus web-hosting is really important. There are a number of options if you want to register your website like Go Daddy, Hostinger, Green Geeks, Bigrock Bluehost, HostGator, HostPapa, and more.
All of these provide you with a lot of features and can be used to host your website. If you want to know the steps involved in hosting your website, scroll down and you will know everything.
There are also some best free web hosting that are available for free. If you have zero budget to invest in hosting then you can try some free hosting companies.
Decide what type of website you want:
Deciding the type of website is the first and most important step of hosting your website. There are basically two types of websites; Static website and Dynamic website. If you want to choose the static website then software like FTP can be used to upload the pages to your host’s server. In case, you want to make changes to your website, you will have to edit the pages on your computer and upload them again.
The Dynamic website contains information that changes depending upon the time of the day, viewer, and other factors. These websites are CMS-driven and allow you to directly add and edit content and allow your visitors to leave comments and start discussions too. Examples of Dynamic websites include Blogs, Forums, Photo galleries, and e-commerce sites.
Choose your hosting server:
Once you have chosen the type of website, the next step is to choose the hosting server. Static HTML sites can be hosted on most web servers, but when it comes to web applications, there are basically two types of hosting platforms-
1- Linux Hosting
It allows you to run scripts written in PHP, Perl, Python, and other Unix-originated languages and usually supports PostgreSQL and MySQL databases. This is the most commonly used system today.
2- Windows Hosting
Windows Hosting allows running ASP scripts utilizing .NET and other Microsoft technologies and supports Microsoft SQL Server and Access database.
Any of the two options can be used regardless of which operating system you use at home or at work. If your website doesn’t require any scripting support, you will find Linux Hosting more cost-effective. But again, if your website needs scripting and database support, you can always choose the platform that supports the technologies you use.
Select your web-hosting Plan
You can find a wide range of services in web hosting, such as-
- Shared Hosting- In this type of hosting you get to share the physical server with other website owners. It is one of the most affordable hosting plans as the cost is shared between you and other website owners.
- VPS hosting- VPS Hosting or Virtual Private Server Hosting stores every website on a very powerful server that is divided into several virtual compartments.
- Dedicated Hosting– It offers you an entire server for yourself and that makes it faster and more secure. Though it is comparatively costlier than the others but it is the ideal solution for larger business and high-traffic websites because it offers maximum customization, configuration, installation, and flexibility.
- Cloud Hosting- It allows multiple virtual servers to work together to host a website or a group of websites.
If you are looking for a hosting plan, buy from leading websites such as GoDaddy, Bluehost, and Bigrock and get the hosting at a very attractive price. They also provide an extra discount coupon for their users. So, to avail of the extra discount use coupon and enjoy the saving.
Change your DNS Address
After you have purchased the web hosting you will get name servers. To get started you will also need to change the name servers of your domain. Though it is a simple step but it is a mandatory one.
Upload your website
The final step is to upload the website to your account by connecting to the server using either cPanel’s File Manager or FTP client after which your website will go live.
Uploading your website using FTP Client
You can connect to FTP via an FTP program such as FileZilla Client. It allows you to see the files and folders on the server like you would see them on your computer.
Follow the steps to connect to your web server
- Install FileZilla and open it
- From the File menu, select Site Manager
- Click on New Site
- Name the New Site – such as with your real domain name
- Enter your website’s IP address in the field marked FTP Address
- Enter the username and password you received in your welcome mail
- Set the Port to 21 (FTP always runs on Port 21)
- Click Connect
To upload files to your hosting service provider via FileZilla, follow these steps:
- From the left-hand side of FileZilla, select all the files and folders you want to upload.
- Drag and drop the file and folder to the directory location on the right side of your web hosting service. FileZilla will now start uploading.
- After the uploading is finished, FileZilla will confirm success and your upload will be visible.
And now your website is live.