Google vs Alexa vs Siri:
Google, Alexa, and Siri are the top contenders among all virtual assistants created to date. Thanks to AI technology, these three have come a long way since they were first introduced to the world. Other virtual assistants like Bixby, Cortana, and Databot are serving their users well too, but their popularity is limited. The best virtual assistants receive updates every few months or even more frequently sometimes. This allows them to keep evolving and get smarter over time, similar to a human being.
Google, Alexa, and Siri were all chiefly developed to answer our questions. Today they can do much more and mimic human conversations. AI has conversed on the phone, without triggering suspicion in the real person on the other end. Imagine calling a law firm for legal advice, and getting entertained by one of those chatbots. Despite being from the same family, our three candidates incorporate distinct features and shine in different departments. Let us evaluate them individually and then decide who grew out to be the smartest.
- Google has its hands on the most advanced technology and extensive database right now
- It is the best at answering questions with an accuracy of 93%
- It has good command on casual and continued conversations with real people
- It is part of the greatest number of devices, including smartphones, tablets, smart home devices (speakers, cameras, lights, remotes, etc.) smart wearable technology, and basically anything running on Android.
- The Google assistant is pretty much an all-rounder
- Amazon Alexa is the one who started off the trend of virtual assistants.
- She was launched in 2014, two years prior to the introduction of Google assistant.
- Alexa was primarily designed for domestic use, so she leads in smart home devices.
- She is compatible with the highest number of mobile applications available on Google Play and the Apple store.
- Her accuracy for answering questions is almost 80%She is not a part of smartphone operating systems
- Siri rules the lives of Apple users.
- She is the oldest of smartphone assistants.
- Now she is part of several smart home devices manufactured by Apple.
- Siri only works for Apple products.
- She has a good sense of humor and is regarded as the funniest among all virtual assistants.
- She is capable of answering questions to an accuracy level of 85% which lies between the score of Google and Amazon.
All the three virtual assistants mentioned above excel at responding to basic demands. Each of them can inform you about weather conditions, help you find a good place to eat, and look up all kinds of information online. However, Alexa is more suited for your home and office, whereas Google and Siri are better while you are out and about. Siri is restricted to the Apple brand whereas Google has access to a much wider range of mobile devices and home appliances.
Google was not the first to embrace the smart assistant concept, yet it offers technology that outperforms all old and new competitors. It displays the most humanlike characteristics and its level of intelligence is remarkable. However, when faced with legal charges, ask a lawyer for advice, rather than your virtual friend.