Best Photo Editing Apps For iPhone:
iPhone has evolved from a simple single camera device to a smartphone with multiple rear cameras and increased megapixels. Despite the advanced sensors, some images needed to be enhanced, and that’s where photo editing apps come in.
With thousands of options available, it’s difficult to choose the best photo editing app. And if you are here, you might be searching for the best photo editing app for iPhone
In this article, we will explore the list of best photo editing apps for iPhone available on AppStore to help you choose the right app for you.
Best Photo Editing Apps For iPhone 2023:
Here is the list of 15 Best Photo Editing Apps for iPhone in 2022 and 2023 that you can use to transform your simple pictures into perfect photos:
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom
- Fotor App
- VSCO Photo & Video Editor
- Affinity Photo
- PicsArt Photo Editor
- Superimpose X
- Photo Lab Picture Editor
1. Adobe Photoshop Lightroom – The #1 Photo Editing App:
If you are looking for an easy-to-use iPhone photo editor, Photoshop Lightroom is worth trying. It is the best app for both beginners and pros. The app helps convert raw images with plenty of features, such as sliders, filters, healing brush, blurring, and fixing.
It offers local hue adjustments to precisely alter hue, saturation, white balance, sharpness, highlights, and more.
Plus, you can import your own graphical watermarks to give a personal touch to your images. Step-by-step tutorials are also available for beginners.
- Unique presets for faster photo editing
- User-friendly interface
- Sliders to tweak exposure, color, and fine details
- Add your own graphical watermarks
- Basic editing options like crop, rotate and straighten
- Interactive tutorials
Free/ In-app purchase ($1.99 – $59.99 per item)
2. Fotor App:
Fotor is one the best photo editor app for the iPhone, with plenty of amazing features and tools to give a professional touch to your photos. It offers more than 100 filters and 10+ ‘Edit’ options, such as contrast, vignetting, saturation, brightness, highlights, shadow, and more.
The app offers various retouching tools, including Wrinkle remover, Red-eye remover, Blemish remover, Teeth whitening, etc.
The app also offers the latest effects, borders, and stickers to enhance your images.
- Wrinkle remover, Red-eye remover, Blemish remover, Teeth whitening, etc.
- Tools for blur, crop, rotate, resize, and more
- Unique HDR technology to bring out true colors of the photo
- Powerful Background remover tool to erase background
- Add text to your photos by using multiple fonts with Text Editor
- Unique design stickers and clip art
- Collage Maker with plenty of templates (Classic, Artistic, and Funky)
Free trial/ Pricing starts at $8.99/month and $39.99/year
Snapseed, developed by Google, is one of the most popular iPhone photo editor apps with tones of features. The app is absolutely free to use without any subscription requirements, and that’s the main reason behind its popularity.
Moreover, it is a very easy-to-use and ad-free app. Snapseed offers 29 tools and filters, including Healing brush, HDR, Raw develop, Tune image, White balance, Face enhance, and many more.
Plus, it has a selective filter brush to edit a certain portion of the image. In addition, the app allows you to tweak RAW DNG files and export them as JPG.
- Basic features like crop, rotate, and straighten
- Adjust color and exposure automatically with Tune Image
- Healing tools to remove unwanted objects
- Double Exposure to blend two photos
- Add fine glow to images with Glamour Glow
- Frames, Grainy films, Grunge
- Various filters and text fonts
Pixlr, previously known as Pixlr Express, is the most powerful photo editing app for iPhone. It has a super-friendly interface and a wide variety of dynamic features. Unlike other apps, Pixlr doesn’t require any account creation; all you need to do is download the app and start editing.
Interestingly, the app offers over 2 million combinations of filters, effects, and overlays to make your photos look awesome.
Besides, you can keep track of favorite effects and overlays by clicking the Favorites button.
- Face-focused features, such as skin smoothening, red-eye remover, blemish remover, whiten teeth, and more.
- Auto-Fix tool to easily adjust the color of the image in just one click.
- Exposure, brightness, sharpness, lighting adjustments
- Create an array of effects with Double Exposure
- Focal blur aids to bring out the impact
- Focus out the single color with the Color Splash tool
- Doodle, Pencil Drawings, and Ink Sketches
- Collage Maker with several backgrounds, spacing, and layout options
- Add captions or text to give personalized to your images
Free (Contain ads)/ Paid Subscriptions: $1.99/month and $11.99/year
5. VSCO Photo & Video Editor:
VSCO is not only the best photo editing app for iPhone, but it is also a great video editor. It offers 10+ presets and various filters to make eye-catching images.
The app offers a wide range of editing tools, including crop, rotate, skew, grain, fade, and other tools to adjust brightness, sharpness, saturation, etc. Moreover, you can get access to advanced 200+ presets and tools by joining VSCO Membership.
Further, VSCO helps add vintage film looks by Agfa, Kodak Fuji, and others with Film X.
- Advanced tools like HSL and Split Tone
- Over 200 presets (Membership required)
- Make a moving collage by laying images with VSCO Montage
- Fine-tune exposure with editing tools
- Built-in camera app
- Showcase your talent by joining the VSCO community
7-day free trial/ Paid Subscription ($19.99 per year)
PhotoDirector is another superb iPhone photo editor with multiple tools to enhance, stylize, and animate your photos. It has AI-powered editing features which you can use to easily adjust color, brightness, lighting, and sharpness.
Plus, the app offers basic features, like crop, rotate, slim, and even one-touch to enhance the minute details of your image. One interesting thing about the app is its Animation tools to transform your photos into 100% realistic animations.
Moreover, it offers thousands of filters, effects, and frames. Further, unique built-in interface to easily share photos on Facebook, Instagram, Flickr, Snapchat, Pinterest, and more.
- Sky Replacement tools to completely change the sky
- Add movement to your still images with an Animated overlay
- Adjust brightness, saturation, contrast, warmth, and more
- Object removal tools to eliminate unwanted objects
- Face shaper, Light rays, Magic brush, and Gradient masks
- Collage maker with a huge number of frames and backgrounds
Free/ Paid subscriptions: $2.99/month and $17.99/year
7. Affinity Photo:
Affinity Photo (developed by Serif Labs) is one of the professional photo editing apps for the iPhone. It provides lightning-speed performance even when editing large-sized images.
The app allows real-time photo editing with an enormous pool of toolsets, such as a magical brush to remove unwanted objects, 100+ Megapixels image support, effective retouching, and many more.
Additionally, Affinity Photo offers non-destructive filter effects and is packed with basic editing tools like burning, patch, dodge, and blemish removal tools.
- Adjust black point, exposure, vibrance, clarity, white balance, highlights, and many more
- Advanced lens corrections
- Allows Raw image editing
- HDR merge, Tone Mapping, and Focus stacking
- Batch processing, 360 image editing, Panorama Stitching
- Huge 100+ Megapixels support
Free 90-day trial/ Paid plan starts from $10/month
Pixelmator is a powerful and full-featured iPhone photo editor app with a user-friendly interface. Pre-designed color presets offered by the app let you easily enhance photos with a single tap.
It has advanced adjustment tools like Curves, Levels, and more. Other basic features include blur, clone, desaturate, sharpen, etc. It provides a wide range of breathtaking effects to give a super-look to your images.
Moreover, the app harbors plenty of painting tools, including advanced color-picking tools, double-texture brushes, and an impressive Paint Engine.
- Lightness adjustment tool for improving exposure, brightness, contrast, shadows, highlights, etc.
- Non-destructive color adjustment tools
- Repair tool to instantly remove unwanted objects
- 100+ artist-designed brushes
- Crop, rotate, and straighten tools
- Layer styles, Blending modes, and Texts
AirBrush gives you a powerful yet simple solution for editing your images. The app features many face-focused tools, including pimple remover, blemish remover, red-eye remover, whiten teeth, wrinkle smoothening, and many more.
It has various other retouching features, like a blur, crop, slim, stretch, etc. Use beauty filters to transform your mediocre pictures into perfect and attractive photos.
Moreover, you can directly share AirBrush photos on social media platforms, like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or Snapchat.
- Glowing Skin tool to remove acne and blemishes
- Widen or nudge your smile with the Dazzling Smile feature
- Bright Eyes, Sculpt, and Shape
- Dozens of gorgeous effects and themed filters
- Easy sharing on social media
7-day free trial/ Paid Subscriptions: $3.99/month and $19.99/year.
10. PicsArt Photo Editor:
PicsArt is the full-packed photo editor app with all the features to create awesome photos. It has a variety of hot filters and trendy image effects and sophisticated background remover. Plus, to add text to photos, more than 200 aesthetic fonts are also available.
Moreover, it allows you to instantly enhance the photos with the aid of retouch tools, including skin smoothening, hair color changer, red-eye remover, whiten teeth, and other makeup stickers.
Also, PicsArt has an in-built camera app with live effects and other AI-powered features.
- Impressive Background remover
- Crop, rotate, and cutout tools
- Drawing tools, frames, stickers, etc.
- Shape collage tool with 100+ free templates
- Built-in camera app
Free/ In-app purchases ($0.99 – $119.99/item)
Mextures is the perfect app to enhance your iPhone photos effortlessly. It offers an extensive library of authentic filters, textures, effects, and professional-grade adjustments. You can use powerful presets and color enhancements to improve the look of your image.
Easily adjust exposure, contrast, sharpness, white balance, highlights, shadows, and much more. The app has industry-leading overlays, including dust, grain, color gradients, light leaks, and over 150 textures.
Interestingly, more than 12 blending modes are also offered by Mextures.
- Unique ‘Formula’ workflow allows you to save your edits for future use
- Adjust exposure, contrast, sharpness, white balance, etc.
- Dusty film scans, Element textures, Grunge, and Artifacts
- 12 blending modes
- 150+ textures
12. Superimpose X:
If you are looking for the perfect way to combine and blend multiple photos in a single composite image, Superimpose X is for you. The app is packed with a variety of editing tools, including blending modes, multiple layers, masking, smudge, brushes, effects, filters, and much more.
It helps to easily superimpose images, apply double exposure, and compose images with multiple layers. You can save all your masked images in Superimpose X’s Masking library. With the aid of AI, the app allows automatically masks out people.
Moreover, 60+ non-destructive photo effects are also available, plus various brushing modes for lightening, darkening and desaturating. Further, it has built-in Shadow creation and Light wrap tolls.
- A wide range of tools like, Clarity, Motion, Zoom, Selective blur, Spin blur, and more
- 18+ Blending modes
- A huge number of Masking tools
- Non-destructive adjustments
- Smudge and Clone stamp brushes
- Masking tools like Magic Wand and Magic Lasso
- Store your masked images in the Masking library
13. Photo Lab Picture Editor:
Photo Lab Picture Editor is another fantastic iPhone photo editor app with more than 900+ awesome effects, such as AI-powered art style transfer, superb photo montages, animated effects, appealing photo filters, beautiful frames, makeover tools, and more.
The app offers all the standard tools to effectively edit photos; crop, rotate, straighten, touch-up, etc. Plus, it aids in easily adjusting sharpness, brightness, white balance, highlights, shadows, and many more. Photo Lab has more than 50 preset styles to instantly transform any photo into an artwork.
Additionally, a wide range of photo filters is also available, such as Black & White, Neon Glow Oil painting, Vintage, and more. And you can share your edited photos on various social media platforms, like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, and more.
- AI figure segmentation for background removal
- Amazing photo montages
- Numerous editing tools
- Filters, Frames, Templates, Text, etc.
- Makeover features (hair color changer, pimple and blemish remover)
- 50+ preset styles
Free/ Paid version ($9.99)
TouchRetouch is a unique app that doesn’t deal with basic stuff, like skin smoothening, whitening teeth, red-eye removal, etc. Instead, the sole purpose of the app is to remove unwanted objects that make photos unattractive.
The app makes it easy for you to remove any object (wires, blemishes, pimples, powerlines, etc.) from your photos. You will be surprised to know that it also allows you to remove people from images. The object removal process is very easy and straightforward; just mark the object you don’t like in your photo, and the app will automatically remove it.
Moreover, the Clone Stamp tool helps to erase defects and also duplicate objects in the photos. Easy-to-follow video tutorials are also available for beginners.
- Easily remove wires, powerlines, surface breakers, people, photobombers, etc.
- Make flawless photos with One-Touch fixes
- Pimple and Blemish remover
- Duplicate objects with Clone Stamp
- Interactive tutorials
Single time purchase ($1.99)
Photoleap, formally known as Photofox, is one of the smartest photo editor apps to turn your snap into brilliant art. It offers tones of editing features- from blending modes and layers to loads of special filers, beautiful effects, brushes, fonts, and unique presets.
The app allows adjusting color, tonality, vignette, grain, intensity, structure, and much more. Additional tools offered by Photoleap are superior photo mixing, double exposures, background changer, blur, etc.
- Exposure, brightness, sharpness, lighting adjustments
- Duo filters to apply charming gradients and colorize images
- Sophisticated layers, Superimpose images, and Photo blending
- Create street art, graphic designs, and other masterpieces
- Blemish and Object remover
- Raw photo editing
Free/ Unlimited access ($7.99)
We have explored the list of 15 Best Photo Editor Apps for iPhone and hope you know which app is right for you. All the apps in the list are reliable and easy to use, and you can choose any of the above-mentioned photo editor apps to transform your iPhone pictures into something breathtaking.
If you are a beginner and looking for a simple and easy-to-use app with all the basic editing features, Snapseed is the best choice for you.
For the most advanced editing features, we recommend you try Pixlr and Adobe Lightroom. If you want to make perfect collages, you might consider trying the Fotor app.
Effectively remove unwanted objects in a single tap with TouchRetouch.
Superimose X is the best photo editor app for blending or superimposing images.
But before purchasing any app, always use the free trial offered by photo editor apps to check whether it offers all the features you need or not. If it fulfills all of your requirements, then purchase it.