Reftab Review 2021:
Are you looking for the best asset management and tracking solution to keep track of fixed assets, accessories, licenses, and consumables?
You have come to the right place! Reftab is the perfect solution for your asset management-related problems.
In this article, we will discuss in detail this amazing asset management and tracking software and explore its features.
Here is a detailed review of Reftab’s software:
Reftab is an advanced asset management and tracking software that organizations of all sizes can use to manage and track their assets. It offers solutions for various industries such as Education, Healthcare, Non-Profit, Construction, Technology, and many more. The main features offered by Reftab include asset reservations, loan tracking, email alerts, Barcode & QR-codes, workflow automation, location management, bulk operations, maintenance, and many more.
The software also offers a custom user request portal that allows your customers to book items for themselves. Moreover, it also sends you alerts to inform you about low inventory and save your time. Furthermore, Reftab software automatically sends you powerful reports to help you understand how your inventory is being used.
Additionally, with the Custom Triggers feature, you can easily start maintenance to ensure all the equipment remains in compliance and maintained. Besides, it enables you to easily select a wide range of assets to print, edit, or move between locations. Reftab also has a user-friendly mobile app available on the Play Store and App Store for Android and iPhone devices. Also, it offers plenty of integrations for seamless work environments.
Let’s discuss the features of Reftab in detail!
What are the Unique Features of Reftab:
Reftab offers a wide range of advanced features that help to manage and track your assets easily. The following are some of the unique features of Reftab:
1- Asset Management & Tracking:
Reftab provides a powerful yet simple platform to track your equipment so you can easily identify their location, their usage, and quantity. It helps you stay informed by providing alerts on maintenance & warranties, depreciation, ownership verification, and much more. You can also track loan history to keep historical records of equipment usage. When all the minute details of your assets are nicely organized, such as location, condition, and owner, your time can be better spent on more important tasks for your business.
For easy asset management, Reftab offers:
- Customizable Categories and Fields: Reftab is a straightforward tool that offers drag-and-drop category designs to create IT assets, medical equipment, machinery, conference rooms, and much more to keep track of them.
- Check Outs & Reservations: The software provides an easy platform to manage equipment reservations and loans. You can easily check-in and out items both on your desktop browser or mobile app. It’ll help you understand where your items are, who borrowed them and when you are running low on stock.
- Track Kits: Reftab enables you to bundle your accessories and assets together in a single loanable item called a kit. It’ll make it easy for you to track your items in bulk. You can easily reserve the kits or display them in the user portal.
- Loan History: The software allows you to record the loan history on asset and user levels.
- Changelog History: The asset Changelogs features help you keep the record of any change made to items. Whenever a user makes an edit, both the new and old values will be recorded with a time stamp.
- Email Notifications: Reftab automatically sends email alerts to users to remind them to return the item when items are overdue for return. You can also manually send emails to users with custom text, colors, links, and images according to your preferences.
- Custom Labels & Views: This feature allows you to tag your items with various status labels to prevent them from being checked out. Plus, you can also restrict assets from displaying in your asset portal.
- Asset Depreciation: It allows you easily track depreciation on each item.
Apart from this, Reftab allows you to track anything, whether you are a construction company looking to manage tools and maintenance, a school looking to track laptops, or a non-profit looking to track equipment.
2- Maintenance Management & Work Order:
Reftab helps you schedule critical maintenance, create custom work orders, and utilize actions & triggers to assign maintenance to technicians automatically. The software performs all the work of managing maintenance and safety inspections.
It allows you to customize work orders for your staff to use, such as replacing filters, pressure calibration, change oil, technician signature, safety pass/fail, etc. Moreover, it comes with a custom form builder to capture any task you need to have captured. Reftab automatically sends out work orders to your staff.
Furthermore, Reftab offers an advanced scheduler to set recurring maintenance tasks automatically. Besides, you can easily set up simple rules to automatically place assets in a state of maintenance—for instance, based upon specific location or expiry dates of an item.
3- Inventory Management:
The inventory management feature allows you to easily track equipment purchased in bulk, including mice, keyboards, cables, etc. Reftab informs you how the equipment is being used by simple and automated alerts.
The software allows you to track and manage:
- Accessories: These are the bulk items that can be tracked by quantity.
- Consumables: Reftab offers a user-friendly and intuitive interface to manage consumables. Consumables are the checked-out items that are never returned, for example, clothing, printer ink, paper, etc.
- Software Licenses: Software Tracking gives you a clear overview of your software licenses. You can easily track the assets and users to which licenses are assigned.
Along with this, you can also assign inventory and license keys to users. Plus, both licenses and accessories can be attached to assets. Reftab keeps a record of all the accessory items or license seats assigned to assets or users.
4- Barcodes & QR-Codes:
Reftab enables you to print your asset tags as barcodes or QR codes. It lets you tag and scan assets from the mobile phone with the aid of a built-in barcode scanner. The process of printing asset tags is very straightforward; select the assets you want to print, add any custom text & set your size, and print the tags as barcodes, QR-codes, or JPEG images.
You would be surprised to know that the software can read asset tags from other apps, so you don’t have to re-tag your items. Moreover, the Reftab app can scan accessory assets, items, kits, and even user ID badges. It can also import pre-existing tags and read them on the fly. Plus, it also lets you instantly check out items to users.
5- Role-Based Access Rights:
One of the most remarkable features of Reftab is Access Roles that allows you to define what users can see or do in your account. The software helps you create roles for a group of people (employees or students) who only need to access a specific type of equipment, location, or check-in or out equipment.
What are the Reasons to Choose Reftab:
Reftab comes with a huge range of functionalities that make it one of the best asset management software. Some of the key reasons to choose Reftab over its competitors are given below:
Solutions for Various Sectors:
Reftab offers a wide range of solutions for various industries such as:
- Education: Reftab provides an easy and affordable asset management system for educational institutes like schools and universities. It enables teachers and staff to lend items more efficiently and automatically sends reminders to overdue equipment. The platform saves you time by eliminating messy spreadsheets, tracking historical activity, allowing users to request items themselves via the portal, and much more.
- Healthcare: Healthcare professionals can use Reftab to save time, stay organized, and track accountability. Based on conditions you create, Reftab changes the status of an assets’ condition, such as Working Condition or Needs Cleaning, based on your preferred conditions.
- Non-Profit: Reftab helps non-profits to understand usage and plan better to achieve their goals. It allows them to put assets together as graphs that let you easily understand how items are used. Some of the advantages of Reftab for non-profits include saving time, finding underutilized areas or items faster, and reducing overhead cost.
- Construction: the software offers constructors and construction companies an affordable asset management system that helps eliminate scheduling frustrations, improve workflows, and track accountability.
- Technology: Reftab helps IT companies to improve efficiencies and lower costs by leveraging integrations.
User Request Portal:
Reftab comes with an easy-to-use and intuitive user request portal that allows your users to book items for themselves. You can prevent bookings on holiday breaks or on days your office is closed. Users can log in to the portal via SAML single sign-in to view and request items. Plus, they can avoid double booking by reserving items.
Moreover, you can give your portal a personalized look by changing colors or adding a logo to match your company or school. Furthermore, it also lets you put users into access roles to determine which fields or items are visible.
Reports & Chart Builders:
Reftab automatically sends you powerful reports to uncover details like how your inventory is being used. You can easily build reports using a query builder to fine-tune the results. The reports help you view granular information on your assets.
Moreover, you can view the results on screen or download them to Excel, PDF, or CSV. Interestingly you can automatically send any or all of your reports to any recipient using an automatic report scheduler. Plus, Reftab comes with a built-in chart builder that lets you create an easy visual to demonstrate asset usage at your company in an attractive way.
The Reftab app comes with a built-in barcode scanner to scan asset tags from anywhere and assign devices to users. Some of the major benefits of Reftab Mobile Apps include:
- Scan your existing barcodes or create new one
- Create & edit assets
- Restrict access to asset information
- Track IT loans
- Log maintenance work
- Assign items to users
- Add comments to assets
- Display scans on dashboard
- Conduct audits on asset inventory
- Compatible with iOS and Android
Reftab offers a broad range of integrations for a seamless work environment. Some of the major integrations include Jira Cloud, LDAP, Google Data Studio, Azure Active Directory, Okta, Avery Sheets, SAML 2.0, and many more.
Active Directory LDAP Sync:
Reftab allows you to easily connect your existing Active Directory to automatically sync your user base rather than manually creating a new loanee for every person in your company.
24/7 Customer Support:
Reftab offers complete customer support to solve your issues. If you want to ask anything related to Reftab, you can contact them via email or phone. Numerous interactive tutorials and guides are also available to learn how to use Reftab.
Pros & Cons of Reftab:
- Easily manage and track assets
- Seamlessly organize inventory
- Solutions for a wide range of industries
- User-friendly mobile app for iPhone and Android
- Barcode and QR-code to tag assets
- Advanced user request portal
- Variety of integrations
- Extremely secure
- Numerous interactive tutorials
- 24/7 customer service
- Limited with attachments
- Website: reftab.com
- Supported Devices: Windows, Mac, Linux, iPhone, Android, Web-based
- Deployment: Cloud Hosted, Open API
- Language Support: English
- Email: Info@Reftab.com
- Phone: (646) 780-0444
Reftab offers a free pricing tire that allows you to manage and track 50 assets. Paid Plans are also available:
- Standard: $30 per month
- Pro: $45 per month
- Business: $60 per month
- Enterprise: Contact for details
Do we Recommend Reftab?
Yes, we recommend Reftab because it is one of the best asset management and tracking software platforms available. One of the best things about Reftab is its free trial that allows you to manage and track 50 assets. So, if you are looking for an easy-to-use, powerful, and affordable asset management & tracking software, Reftab is a great choice for you. Through this article, we tried to deliver all the details of Reftab, and we hope you will find it helpful.