What Is A Wave Browser?
Wave browser is known as browser hijacking which causes malicious malware in your devices and steals your personal information and data and sells them to third parties and makes a good amount. It is a potentially unwanted program (PUP), which has more harmful effects than benefits. However, the browser is designed to improve your browsing experience.
But the wave browser is not safe like others as it works on software bundling and contains malicious scrips. When you start browsing, the adware is popping up over the screen. Users see advertisements in the form of banners, offers, coupons, deals, videos, etc. This browser was developed by Wavesor Software in 2015.
Meanwhile, the actual company is Polarity Technologies Ltd that’s is in a close relationship with the Chinese Genimous Technology Co Ltd. However, the browser’s real origin is yet to be confirmed. Microsoft Wave browser is not the same as Microsoft Edge. It is not affiliated with Microsoft company these are totally two different programs.
Wave Browser: A Pre-Installed Program:
Wave browser is a web surfing program and it is often installed in the systems without the user’s knowledge and causes illegal and unauthorized action. That is why it is called a potentially undesirable system and it is better for the users to delete it. If you make an attempt to delete the wave browser you should be aware that uninstalling it sometimes won’t remove it completely from your computer.
Although it seems to be removed, this application makes modifications to the system Registry and other system settings that enable it to re-establish a footing in the machine even after it has been marked as uninstalled. As a result, it is critical to be thorough while attempting to remove this unwanted program from the computer – every file, setting, Registry entry, and process associated with it must be deleted from the computer.
Using Wave Browser On Your Devices Is Not Safe At All:
Wave browser is capable of search engines and the internet at large like any other browser. However, after reading the above introduction about the Wave browser it is clear that this browser is not secure to use. Developers collect your personal information and then misuse them to earn money. Wave browser is easily approachable to the Malicious people which causes malware.
It would be recommended to remove or delete the Wave browser from your computers and other devices as soon as possible. A lot of users have tested this program and shared their views on it which are obviously not positive. Wave browser has the ability to download itself independently and it is capable of making changes in the system. Also due to the presence of Wave browser constantly relevant or irrelevant ads pop up on the screen whenever the users are online. And those ads could come from suspicious companies which can harm your system and cause different viruses in them.
Risks Contained By Wave Browser:
- Data leakage
- Vulnerable defense against hackers and viruses
- More pop-up ads, banners, offers, and links on your web browser
Symptoms Of Wave Browser Virus:
When your device is infected with some malware, it affects the performance and function of your system. It’s a symptom of the virus. Some typical signs of computer viruses are:
- Frequent pop-ups ads
- Changed browser settings
- Antivirus programs become disabled
1. Frequent Pop-ups Ads:
You started seeing an increasing number of irrelevant ads on your screen while you’re online, it could be the reason for the virus in your computer. Malware, known as adware causes more pop-up ads. These annoying messages usually say you’ve won a contest you didn’t enter or a prize you don’t remember wanting. The links which these ads and messages contain can access sensitive information and install additional software which can cause Malicious activities.
2. Changed Browser Settings:
When your browser homepage is different from before and you have got some additional extensions then it could be because of virus.
3. Antivirus Programs Become Disabled:
Viruses are sneaky. They’ll disable or uninstall your device’s antivirus and antimalware programs to wreak havoc. This is why it’s a good idea to check your antivirus programs every time you use your device. Check to see if it’s on and updating. Since new malware comes out every day, the latest database versions and real-time protection shields are a must.
Removal Of Wave Browser:
You can’t uninstall Wave Browser in just a snap. Many users report that they still experience the same problems even after uninstalling the program from their PC. The reason behind that is the changes it made to the configuration files of the web browser and networking settings, not to mention the tasks Wave Browser added to the Task Scheduler. This means you must revert the settings and the files the program left on your computer system must be wiped clean.
To do so, turn off the internet connection first to prevent Wave browser from making further changes then start with clean-up of your computer. After you have cleaned the files made by the Wave browser follow these steps.
Apps and Features:
- Go to the start button and type Apps and Features.
- Find the wave browser from the list of apps and select uninstall.
Task Manager (Processes Tab)
- Launch the task manager and click processes.
- Look at some processes related to the wave browser, click the processes, and select End Task. Before you end them, visit the folder of these rogue processes. You can do it by right-clicking them and selecting “Open File Location.” Once you’ve ended the tasks, you can now delete these folders created by the Wave Browse.
Task Manager ( Startup Tab)
- Click on Startup Tab in Task Manager.
- Find all the items related to the wave browser and click disable.
- Launch a Registry Editor
- Click on the Edit tab and select Find
- A box will appear and type “Wave Browser.” Select “Find Next” and delete all the related searches that will appear
Now your PC is clean from all the unwanted programs you must have to restart your computer in Safe Mode. For some of the well-known browsers you can take the following steps
Settings and more > Settings > Reset settings > Confirm by clicking “Reset
Settings tab > Advanced > Reset and clean up > Restore settings to their original defaults > Confirm by clicking “Reset Settings”
Menu tab (three horizontal strips in the upper right corner of the browser) > Help > Troubleshooting information > Refresh Firefox > Confirm by clicking “Refresh Firefox”
Settings menu (gear icon) > Advanced > Browser > Restore settings to their original defaults > Confirm by clicking “Reset
Removal of web browser from your device using Malwarebytes pro
You cannot uninstall the Wave browser easily because it cannot be uninstalled in a single step. You will require some unique steps to uninstall it from your computer. Malwarebytes Pro is the best program recommended by the user to remove the web browser on Windows, following are the steps that help you to remove the Wave browser:
Disable wave process
- Open Task Manager by pressing Ctrl + Shift + Esc and clicking the Details tab.
- Scroll through and search wave process
- After finding it, click it and select End Task
Uninstall wave browser
- You’re using Windows 10/11, press Windows + I to open Settings.
- Select Apps > Apps & features
- After scrolling down, choose Wave and click on Uninstall
- Complete the uninstallation wizard
Malwarebytes pro will help you to detect and remove all the infected files at a reasonable price. Luckily, Malwarebytes offers a 14-day free trial that you can use to disinfect your system.
- Install the Malwarebytes application on your device from the official website
- After completing the installation wizard open the application and click scan
- Malwarebytes will scan your computer and block all the unwanted programs from your computer
Remove the start-up entry
- Open Task Manager and select Startup
- Find the wave browser process then click it and choose Disable
Delete any scheduled event
- Open the Start Menu, type and select Control Panel
- Select System and Security
- Choose Scheduled Task under Administrative Tool
- Click Task Scheduler Library. In the list of tasks, search for anything associated with Wave. If you find an entry for the Wave browser, select it and press Delete.
Remove the waveSor user folder
You may have to enable hidden folders. To do so, in File Explorer, select the View tab and select Options. Scroll down and check Show hidden files, folders, and drives and uncheck Hide protected operating system files.
- Open File Explorer and select the drive your Windows installation is on (for example, C:\).
- Select Program Files and Program Files (x86).
- Find the folder Wave or WaveSor, select it and press Shift + Delete to remove it from your PC.
- In the search bar, type %userprofile% and press Enter.
- Find any Wave or Wavesor folders and press Shift + Delete to remove them.
- Finally, type %appdata% in the search bar and repeat here.
Remove registry keys
- Open Start Menu, type regedit.exe and press enter
- Use the finder tool by selecting Edit > Find…
- Type waveSor, wave, and wave browser in turn and click Find Next.
- In the registry editor, right-click any registry keys with the description “Wavesor Software,” “Wavesor”, or “Wave Browser.”
Check for the Wave Browser Plug-in
Open your web browser and check the web browser plug-in. If it appears remove it. It’s also an idea to simply reset your web browser to factory default to remove any traces of the browser hijacker.
Reboot the PC and Repeat the process
Restart your computer and check to see if the Wave browser has managed to reinstall itself or not. If so, repeat the steps above.
Keep your devices safe from Wave browser in future
You can follow these preventions in order to keep your systems uninfected.
- Do not click on pop-up ads
- Do not click on random spam emails with links
- Avoid installing suspicious APK files.
- Better not to download files from unverified sources
- Do not install a suspicious browser extension
- Regularly run antivirus programs
- Use a VPN regularly while surfing the web
We have learned that the wave browser is not secure at all, it itself is not a virus but it can easily be accessed by hackers to perform unauthorized actions. Although the Wave browser is not malicious, the illegal modifications it may make to your computer’s settings may put your system’s security at risk by making it vulnerable to hackers and viruses.
Having a wave browser on your computers and other devices is malware because it is capable of changing your privacy and stealing your information and misusing them. So I think it is essential for all of us to get rid of the wave browser. All the information related to the removal of the wave browser that we have discussed above might help you in uninstallation of it.