Start A Successful Drop Shipping Business:
Times have changed and the traditional ways of making money or starting up your own business no longer provide the efficiency that you can get by starting up online! This is why we are going to show you guys exactly how you can start your own drop shipping business in 2022 and going on into 2023 this video is going to cover everything from product research to building a store around that product to advertising and marketing your business to actually getting sales and fulfilling your orders so grab your popcorn and get ready,
Finding A Good Product To Sell!
all right so the first step is actually finding a great product to sell now, this is easily one of the most important parts throughout this whole entire ladder just due to the simple fact that if you have a bad product no matter how good your advertising or your website is nobody’s going to want to buy that which is why we have made a specific set of criteria for each product just so you could vet out the good and the bad ones. Obviously you’re not going to find a bigger product on your first try and you’re gonna have to keep testing around but having a criteria in place will help you filter out the horrible products.
- The first one is don’t reinvent the wheel you don’t want to go out especially if you’re a beginner and youre trying to find something brand new that doesn’t even have proof of actually working and waste your time building out the store and doing all this stuff for something that you don’t even know that works, now it might be true that if you are the first to bring something to market you will have very big wins but when you’re just starting out this isn’t something that’s realistic and you can lose a lot of money doing so.
- The next one is “room for improvement” if you find a website or a product and you could see a huge room for improvement whether it’s their website they’re creatives or even they’re using a worse version of the product, you can come into the market with a better creative intellect, better website or even better a product itself and start getting sales.
- Now the next one is that the product you choose solves a problem or has somewhat of a unique value proposition or some type of purpose to be used for, for example the posture corrector is a great example of a product that is problem solving but overall you want to make sure your product serves some sort of purpose or solve some type of problem with just that you can really hit on those pain points and you can go into it, “You have this problem and my product has the solution” type of marketing,
- now the last one is making sure your product has a “high perceived value” so that it can be sold for at least three times more than the actual product cost for example, let’s take a generic microphone, if you were to look at it you wouldn’t be able to somewhat tell that this is worth somewhere in the hundreds of dollars without knowing the price, so make sure your products could be sold for at least three times more than it’s worth and that really helps if your product has somewhat of a high perceived value and just doesn’t look like a cheap dollar store product.
alright so now that we have some criteria and direction and what to look for in these products, the question remains… How do we actually find these products that we can actually sell?
How And Where To Find Good Products?
We’re going to be going over a couple of different ways but the first way which is completely free and anyone can do from their phone is using the actual TikTok app itself and what this means is that you can open up the TikTok app and you will already see how many drop shippers are using TikTok for their marketing, you can do this too and we will discuss more about this soon but you can use these TikTok pages for yourself and look at the variety of different products that work well for you.
When you open the TikTok app, all you have to do is pretty much click the search button and search up TikTok “#made me buy it” and it should come up right here and you will be able to see just a bunch of videos with that specific hashtag now you’ll see videos with a huge number of likes and shares with multiple comments on how to buy the product in the video… this speaks for itself.
This goes to show that TikTok is a crazy way to explode your business and you can also use it to pick a product that you can actually hop onto so this is just one hashtag obviously you can go into these videos and click these other hashtags like “#must have” or “#gadget” and just a bunch more products will show up so this is the first way of finding products.
This next one is pretty cool, for this you first go to “facebook.com/ad/library” and this pretty much takes you to a library of active Facebook ads that are currently running which is very powerful because what you could do is go to “all ads” in the category and search keywords like “50% off today” because this is a pretty common keyword that other drop shippers use so once we search this you guys will see that a bunch of ads will pop up and most of these will be drop shipping ones obviously some of them aren’t drop shipping ads but you can tell which ones are the dropping ones
So, what you want to do once you’re on this page is simply scroll until you find something that catches your eye, now this could be something that’s different you’ve never seen before and obviously this comes with experience, but if you’re just a beginner and you want to keep scrolling,
Now let’s assume you like a product from there, you could click on the page and go to its exact ad library which will then show all the ads that this page is running.
Type Of Store:
so now, you’re just going to create a site for the chosen product, and let’s get right into it, so as far as the type of store whether we’re going to do niche general or one product, a mild hybrid and in between is always a good choice, but we don’t want to go general with a product like shoes, it doesn’t work well just because that this is a very old style and people seeing a bunch of products almost brands it as a Dollar Tree or some type of dollar store and really puts a low perceived value on every product.
If you have nail Clippers and you have pants and a makeup bag right here it really doesn’t look too professional and we also don’t want to try too hard and make a fully branded one-product store which don’t get me wrong is a very nice type of store to actually create if you have 100% confidence that the product is going to work and you sort of really just want to start out by branding it around it.
However, if you’re just beginning you can also create what is called a hybrid store meaning the store name doesn’t really have a meaning and you can attach any product that ends up working to the store name so, for example, shop Revo the word revo has no meaning just like the word Netflix has no meaning but once we find a product that actually works we can remove all the junk products and brand the word Revo around whatever we’re selling so we could call it the revo shark slides hopefully you guys understand what I mean but let’s go ahead and start these store creation process.
Make Your Drop Shipping Store!
It is highly recommended that you guys do this along with our instructions, so we’re going to create the Gmail of the store first you don’t want to use your personal account so I’m going to go ahead and call it Shop Raimo
- Let’s go ahead and do the same thing and let’s choose our password and click next so now you want to fill in all this info and click next.
- All right so now we are going to click agree so our Gmail is now completed for the store and we are going to copy the e-mail so we can use it on Shopify.
- We’re going to paste the e-mail and click start a free trial and it should take us to a page where it asks us before the store name, so go ahead and type in the store name shop and click next and you’ll have to fill out a few things and now once you’re done, hit “continue with e-mail” and create yourself a password and we should be good to go.
- Now we wait for Shopify to cook up our store and then I’ll go in-depth on how you can actually create your store.
- So once our store is complete we’re going to do is click pick a plan just because the store has a password on it if you don’t end up picking a plan and we’re going to go ahead and choose the billing cycle of your choice and fill out all of this information and click add a credit card and now just click confirm and subscribe.
- Alright so now that we’re subscribed we want to go into the online store go to “preferences” and right here you guys can see your online store’s password protected we want to remove that now that we are able to just because we added our card and click save OK.
- So now your store is open for business obviously we still have a few things to edit and we’ll go over that so the first hub right here is the home section and once we start getting sales this is where all the analytics and pretty much everything that you’ve seen online from people showing their results this is where that shows.
- The next one Is the “orders” This is where all of your orders will show up, now you necessarily don’t have to fulfill exactly within here if you are using a third-party app.
- The next one is a product and this is pretty much where you can add new products again if you’re not using a third-party importer
- We have an inventory transfers collection which you can pretty much use to organize products into different groups or collections we have gift cards
- The next one is “customers” You can pretty much just see everything customer related in a single place as It says here finances are just a breakdown of your monthly billing and all this stuff with Shopify with the apps that you use and if you are using Shopify payments you will see your payouts here analytics is pretty much where you could see everything as far as your business goes whether you want to see your conversion rate how many people are on your store the customer return rate everything is here reported is pretty much just the same thing to break down.
- In the live view, we can actually see where people are visiting our website from and once you start seeing sales come in this is one of the coolest sections to be on having it opening and seeing all the sales go through and all the visitors from around the world marketing.
- You don’t really need to use this unless you are doing e-mail marketing through the Shopify platform itself discounts here are where you can create any discounts want whether it’s for retargeting ads or whether it’s for an influencer.
- We have themed this is that you can edit your store and customize pretty much everything on the front end and back end.
- We have blog posts, blog posts are pretty much where you could create blogs obviously we’re going to want to create a few more pages here later down the line navigation is pretty much the footer and header menu on your website so that people can click track your order and track their order preferences, this is actually where we are going to start at.
- So for the home page title, you want to put your store name you could put a meta description, you want to put something about your store in this meta field so that when people search for your store on Google they could actually see this right below the store name and we’re pretty much done here you can click “save”
- Now what we want to do is go over to the pages right here and we want to create a few pages we’re going to click add page and the first page we want to create is the “contact us” so we’re going to type in contact information.
- Now you can obviously download apps and make a whole contact form but when you’re just starting this should do right here click “save now” We want to create another page and this page right here will be the “track your order page” now we don’t want to paste anything directly in here we want to go to show HTML and paste the code and you will see there will be an automatic tracking taking place. again you can get apps for this but when you’re first starting this is pretty much all you need
- let’s go ahead and “save this” Now we want to create another page and this one will be the “shipping and delivery” This one is rather easy, even for beginners and we’ll trust you on this one.
- last but not least we are going to add an FAQ section, after this we have pretty much all of the pages we need there is a pre-made contact form here so we can delete on that and now we should be good.
- Now we want to go over to the navigation section and pretty much assign each of these pages that we created through the menus so we can go to the main menu and we can change a page to shop instead of the catalog so that people can shop and add menu and go ahead to pages and we are going to just add the track your order click “add” we’re going to add the “contact us” too.
- Now you want to go over to the footer menu so this footer menu is going to be the menu on the bottom of your website we’re going to click add menu we’re going to click Pages and here we want to add pretty much everything just so that when they do scroll they have all of the options readily available to them.
- Now we have actually one more menu to add we’re going to click “add menu” and we’re going to call it “policies” Now what we want to do here is go ahead and click the settings and make sure you open it in a new tab and with these settings, we’re going to go to the policies at the bottom and we’re just going to click create from template for each of these ones so create from the template, your home address will show in these templates So what you want to do is “control + F” your home address and make sure you delete it anywhere that shows now we simply want to click “save” and go back to our menu.
- So what we want to do is go into the “settings tab” and now you’re going to go over what you need to do with each of these tabs so store details are pretty much a store details plan you don’t need to touch it’s simply your Shopify plan you could choose to upgrade or downgrade it later users and permissions where you can add friends or family or whoever is helping you manage your business right here and you could choose to give them access to specific things.
- Payments are where you can actually start taking payments from outside customers by using Shopify payments, stripe, PayPal, and Amazon Pays just all the different payments are over here and you could set that up on your own time board checkout we actually do need to set up a few things so we’re going to go ahead and Scroll down and click “require first and last name” it makes it easier and for shipping address, phone number we’re going to make that optional and tipping option you don’t want to check that because I found it does reduce conversion rate, however, you can test this option this will pretty much allow customers to leave tips for you or after an order has been paid, make sure it’s on, don’t fulfill any of the orders automatically marketing those will be set up in different apps later on and you’re pretty much good to go you want to click save.
- Now we’re going to go to shipping and delivery so you want to click “manage and once you’re here” you want to pretty much remove all of the shipping options so we’re going to go ahead and click delete for everything and for the US we want to click “add rate” and we’re going to click “custom flat rate” and call it “free standard shipping” and for the price you want to leave it at “0” and you pretty much want to do the same thing for the rest.
Now we have free shipping set up obviously we can go and add your own conditions so for example if the item price is anywhere from 5 to 10 bucks you can charge an extra 4 bucks for shipping and call it express shipping and add that as an option so you can play around with whatever you want depending on the countries and costs and everything that apply to you for when you’re shipping out products but overall when you’re just starting free shipping its nice to have it. so, we’re going to click save all right now
Buying A New Domain!
we’re actually going to buy a new domain and you could do this later on or whenever you actually launch this also doesn’t have to be purchased on Shopify you could purchase it off a different platform and connect it but for the simplicity, most people always like to purchase it off Shopify so we’re going to go ahead and see if our domain is available which it is for 15 bucks a year we’re going to go ahead and click buy and we’re not going to renew this so now we should have shop “riamo.com” so now once your domain is purchased we’ll get an e-mail to your Gmail and we can go ahead and verify the domain and then simply click verify the information and our domain will be verified and registered within a few minutes and we’ll just wait this out for brand we can edit all of this info later on in the “customizations” for notifications.
Adding More Products To Shopify Through Third-Party Apps!?
you can choose what notifications you want to get usually people don’t touch this, for “meta fields” you can define them more, this is good for SEO and for Google files, you don’t really need to do anything here, languages pretty much nothing and “policies” we already went over,
- alright so most of our back end is complete aside from the actual front end and the design and the logos of the store what we want to do now is go into apps and type in DNS servers and it will be this orange and white text looking one so we want to click “add app” and once this is added we can actually import the product directly from AliExpress into our own store
- so we’re going to click “Install app” and then click Create an account for you and we just want to click the free one and click get started link to AliExpress you want to log in with your AliExpress account here and we should be able to connect AliExpress and dressers completely together, this is pretty much where all the fulfillment will initially be happening later on
- once you get more orders you want to move to a private agent so we’re going to go ahead and see if we can find your product, obviously, you can look around I’m just going to add this one and click add to import list and then you want to go to import list and what you can do before you actually import it clicks “edit product” and rename it to something simple
- you don’t want to add it to any collections we have a lot of variants so you can select the type of variants that you want all right so now we only have the variants you selected
- we’re going to go ahead and click “Push to Shopify” and then we want to check the two boxes and click push to Shopify now this product will be imported directly from dressers onto our Shopify store which we can then customize it and edit it more later
- now once we go into Shopify we can go into products right here and we can see the first product was imported so we’re going to want to rename this to something very nice and not this whole thing because it’s really not appealing
- alright so the product page is complete however this is something that you should actually take inspiration from and structure your description and also variation titles and images a good way because it is just a very nice clean way of presenting things so for example we have the headline, you want something very important or attention-grabbing right here, this is one of the biggest benefits of your product, and then just a brief description about the product and what it has to offer
- circling back to the apps there is one more crucial app that Is recommended but everything else is pretty much optional, so we’re going to go ahead and get this one more app it is called “reviews” and the reason most drop shippers love this app compared to the other apps is just that you can import Amazon reviews onto your store directly with the images and everything that it comes with and this is going to pretty much fetch the reviews and you can see with just a bunch of reviews as well as images included with them is nice.
All right so now that pretty much everything is done we can now beautify our store add logos colors images and all that fun stuff you can use the Don theme which is preloaded onto every Shopify account initially and you can also explore other free themes and you can also use the paid themes as well, that they offer but if you’re just starting it really doesn’t matter what we’re actually going to start off with is go ahead and create the logo so if you don’t have Photoshop you can use Canva for generating a logo for your store and make sure that it resides with the theme of your store.
Themes And Design:
- To start, we’ll have to go to the actual Shopify store,
- for starters, we can change the announcement bar and then we can also go to the header and upload our logo you can see it uploaded right there then we can change the size of it and we always want to make sure we know it looks good on mobile as well so make sure you look at the mobile view and adjust it so that it looks good on mobile
- all right before we change the colors and everything you would want to change the banner you can actually use the “inspector” tool so you can click and edit or you can turn this off and manually select them to change the banner height to medium just because this is a little too big for the text
- now for the talk about your brand, you can pretty much tell them the “number of orders shipped“just as social proof, “we have been in this industry for this long”
- now for the footer what we want to do is go ahead, and add your footer e-mail right there.
- all right so we’re pretty much done obviously, you can pretty much switch this banner page to the product if you want to you can make this customized to your store itself, and for each and every new product that you test you can switch the banner, we can click add section and add a featured product right there just so that this is the only product that people see and we pretty much want to remove the share button because that’s not necessary and to make this cleaner we can make it a drop-down just so that it’s not everywhere and we pretty much have the home page set up.
Setting The Theme!
now we want to go to the theme settings go to colors and we want to set the color theme for our website. Next, we’re going to go to the product page just so that we can see we want to have the default black and white and then have just an accent color which in this case
now for the product page, there are things that you have to edit on here as well so we’re going to remove the share button because we don’t want people getting distracted and sharing and liking and all this stuff for materials we want to click delete, you can actually fill this out with your return policy so you can pretty much enter this and now people can look at the shipping and returns for the dimensions
now image with text you can fill this all out, you can have fun with it and we should be good to go.
let’s play around with the font, so we’re going to go to theme settings, hide the colors let’s go over to typography now, let’s go ahead and choose a clean font for the store, alright so “rubric” font looks clean and we are now pretty much set with the product page,
what we need to do next is click add to cart and then click checkout and we want to change our checkout logo so we’re going to go down to checkout, click on the logo and select our logo and change our button colors afterward, to what our store was and then click on “save all”
once that’s done you want to go to cart on the theme settings and choose a page just for the actual pixel we want to choose page so that the pixel can register once somebody adds it to cart now you can add a favicon, it’s not going to look that nice but we’re just going to fill it up and we are going to save so we are pretty much done with the front of the store this is how crazy theme that doesn’t look anything crazy or branded or professional but this is what works especially if you’re just initially testing, this is more than enough so now here is the store and we can pretty much see that we have our homepage we can click shop, and go to the product page and we have our product page with the reviews and the footer and everything is pretty functional all right congratulations! our store is now open for business and we’re ready to sell, once your payment processor and everything like that is set up.
Now how do we go about actually marketing this store? we have everything complete and now we just need people to start rushing over and purchasing our product. Alright so the first method of actually driving traffic and getting sales to our website is by the name of “paid advertising” now this will obviously cost you money hence the name paid to advertise, and this is pretty much anything from Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, or Myspace ads and if you do plan to go this route It is highly recommended for you to have at least 1500 to $2000 saved just so that you are comfortable with spending the initial 50 to 80 bucks a day when you’re first testing out products.
let’s say you do decide to go to the paid advertising room the first thing you can actually put it out onto TikTok, Facebook, or Instagram and you have the video that we’re going to be using to actually promote your product now since we actually don’t have the product with us there are a few different ways you can go about this, you can search on YouTube, AliExpress hit up your supplier for videos of the product and once you obtain all the different footage of the product you can actually just chop it up, edit it nicely, add some music, add some scripts, and make it into a nice video, that is presentable as an ad.
Creating Content, And Targeting Your Audience!
if you don’t know how to edit or don’t have the software and you just don’t want to do all this work you can outsource it, some sources essentially, all they need is the AliExpress link and they’ll pretty much do the rest of the work for you from finding footage making thumbnails writing out the script and pretty much all that now once you have the creatives you simply want to go into whatever ad platform of your choice,
Create A campaign and make sure it’s objective is for conversion, now once you’re at the ad-set level this is where you can actually start creating a target, who you want to target and who your audience is now you want to do some market research before you get to this level, however usually you could just set up targeting for the ages and gender you could leave that pretty much broad and for targeting you can keep some very broad or you can go more into depth and find these pockets of audience slippers or sandals or whatever your product is, as one of the ad sets.
Then once we get to the creative level you can simply upload the creative data you have and you have now published your ad now you want to make 5 to 10 duplicates of this ad set and simply change one small variable so let’s say you targeted slippers for one of the interests and the next one you could target slide or in the next one you could target shark and then you just want to let this run for at least two days and see the results.
What Is Paid And Free Advertising In Depth?
So now comes the next important step that you must make in drop shipping, and remember this step holds a huge significance for your business, because the better you accomplish this step the better your business runs, this is because you get more sales if you do this step with effort and efficiency. You might’ve already guessed it, this step is getting traffic to your store, or marketing your product the best you can,
Now this step can be done in multiple ways, one of them is through paid ads, which is done through paying social media platforms to show your ads to a huge number of people, now this gets complicated and it’s not as simple as paying the platform to get an audience that is guaranteed to convert, now comes the other way, which is through free marketing, or through content or posts that might entice the audience into buying your products or services, this can be done throughout different platforms, there are many different tips and tricks that you can apply on to this one and get yourself an organic audience, let’s discuss these methods in detail now.
1. Paid Advertising:
Facebook ads are a great example of paid advertising, you basically pay the platform to show ads to people, now what kind of people are going to see your ads? And what number of people are going to see your ads? These are the things that you decide, so what you have to do is, gather the traffic that is potentially interested in your product or your services, this must be your goal when it comes to paid advertising, the number of people varies with the area or the location to where you want to target your audience from, it narrows down quite a lot with this one, it depends on what type of product you have, what gender might be more interested in your product and what culture, etc. This is all in your hands you don’t have to show your adverts to every single account present on the social media in your area, to get what you want. You can always choose to narrow down your audience that is more likely to convert to your ad.
If you’re thinking that you can always put in a lot of money and get yourself a huge number of sales, you’re wrong, it doesn’t work like this, you should know that whenever you target a huge audience there are always people who will not be enticed by your ad or people who are not interested in your product, plus when you target your audience, if you make the number too small, you can get charged a lot of money to show your ads, now if you make the number too large you get charged a lot again, this method involves going for just the right amount, so it will give you the economic benefits you’re looking for, you won’t be charged a huge amount, and you will get the conversions you’re looking for, this is the right way of marketing your product through paid ads and you should learn how to target your audience better to get the advantages of this method.
2. Free Traffic:
This method involves trying to get free traffic for your product, you will still be using social media but not the paid ads, and you will make content for your audience, this content will be related to your product and people who are interested in your product or who are enticed by your marketing skills will surely buy from your store.
This method is especially for people who don’t have a budget in mind to spend for starting up their business, all you have to do is create compelling content, answer several questions, and your business will start within no time whatsoever.
A good video is all you might need to start up your business, a good example of this video can be, that you’re showing what your product does, what it’s capable of doing, and what problem it solves in what way? This must be the goal of your video because solving a problem always works, you cannot make a video showing a picture of your product and expecting it to work, you will have to put in some effort in order to compel your audience to buy your product, making a video so good that it gets them to spend their money on your product and use it for themselves, making their lives easier. This is the way to go.
Another thing you can do is that if you already have a page or an account with a huge number of followers, or a healthy amount of following, you can use that account to your leverage, you can use it to get the free traffic you’re looking for and get your audience to convert by making a good video, the people who are convinced by your video or the people whoa re facing the same problem that your product solves are obviously the ones that are more likely to convert so stick to the plan and don’t put your video to another rail of interested in the middle, make sure you’re showing them what your product does and you keep in your head that you’re marketing your product.
If you’re going to set up a drop shipping store soon, make sure to check out the information that we have provided for you! Make sure you read it till the very end and make sure you don’t skip any parts. Hopefully, we have given you the information that you were looking for and we wish you the best of luck in creating a successful dropshipping store for yourself! We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors!